I have got this one dialed in on my Oster and put into MFP! This is closest to a great wheat-feeling and non-eggy flavored bread I can get out of my bread machine. It’s moist (Ugh! I hate that word…) And the crust is super yummy! Great with big old slather of butter, toasted with cream cheese, or peanut butter!
*If you get 12 slices, it’s 2 g net carbs per slice, and if you get 10 slices out of the loaf it’s 2.4 g net carbs per slice.
*My directions are for my Oster. Your machine will differ, so adapt as necessary.
*I do sometimes help the machine with incorporating the dry ingredients along the edge of the pan, because this is a very loose dough.
Low Carb/Keto Bread In the Bread Machine ~1.5 lb loaf
1 c hot water 2 eggs 2 tbl butter 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt 2 tsp powdered stevia 2/3 c ground flax seeds 1/2 c almond flour 1 1/2 c vital wheat gluten 2 tsp yeast
- Add wet ingredients first, then dry ingredients.
- Make a little well in dry ingredients to add yeast into LAST.
- Basic setting (3 hrs), Medium crust
- Let sit in machine for a few minutes after it finishes.
- Then, using an oven mitt, pull out pan and let cool for about 10 minutes on the counter.
- Dump bread out onto cooling rack using oven mitts. Don’t forget about paddle in the bottom of the loaf!
Let cool completely before cutting to make cutting easier. (Yeah right! Who am I kidding?! I cut the loaf asap while hot because I LOVE THE CRUSTY END PIECES!)